As 2018 comes to a close, EduBirdie, the #1 proofreading platform, surveyed students on the most outlandish excuses they gave for missing homework this year, and compiled this list of the top 10 most outrageous excuses.
1. My dog peed on my homework
2. The assignment was on my computer and I accidently ran over my computer with my car
3. I knocked over my candle and it set my homework on fire
4. I got food poisoning and couldn't leave the bathroom for two days
5. I was getting rid of old assignments and accidently shredded it
6. I had to get my eyes dilated, so my vision was too blurred to see my homework
7. My cat was in labor with 6 kittens
8. My elderly neighbor was having car troubles, so I had to take her to run her errands
9. On my way to class a guy ran up to me and stole my backpack that had my homework in it
10. When I was doing my homework my computer started smoking and I thought it was going to explode, so I couldn't finish.
What are some of the most outrageous excuses you've heard or perhaps even used yourself?
2018 Top 10 Excuses For Missing Homework