Mashed Fotatoes are the perfect side dish at any Holiday feast. If you do these the right way, you can barely tell the difference between this dish and real mashed potatoes. The secret is the food processor.
Servings: 6 to 8 large servings
– 3 (16 oz) bags frozen cauliflower (or, 6 to 8 cups fresh)
– 3 Tbsp butter
– 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (finely grated, optional)
– 3 Tbsp heavy cream
– 3/4 tsp mineral salt
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 1/2 to 3/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
– bacon pieces (optional)
– green onions (diced, optional)
1. Steam 3 bags of frozen cauliflower (or 6-8 cups fresh) until tender.
2. Transfer the cauliflower to a colander and push out the excess water.
3. Place tender florets in food processor and add butter, optional Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, salt, black pepper, and optional garlic powder.
4. Process to a smooth puree. (You may need to stop the processor to scrape down the sides every now and then.)
5. Scoop out and serve topped with the bacon pieces and green onions, if desired.