Old Saint Nick probably wouldn’t be known for his round belly if he indulged in Trim Healthy Mama’s Trim Cookies instead of those sugar-laden cookies he’s known for requesting! No need for THM’s to be left out of holiday festivities! These cookies are sure to delight everyone in the family – make an activity out of it and let the kids help you decorate! There’s an optional frosting recipe included here in the Recipe Notes area.
Servings: 12 to 16 cookies
– 1 stick softened butter
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2/3 cup THM Gentle Sweet
– 1 pinch mineral salt
– 1 & 1/4 cups THM Baking Blend (*Alternate Flour Option below)
1. Cream butter, egg, vanilla and the THM Gentle Sweet.
2. Add the mineral salt and THM Baking Blend to the mix and form into a ball with your hands.
3. For round shaped cookies, pull off pieces of the dough, roll into balls, then place on a well-greased cookie tray and flatten slightly with a fork.
4. For fun shaped cookies, refrigerate dough ball for 2 or 3 hours until it is very firm and chilled.
5. Roll out between parchment and create shapes.
6. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Baking times may vary depending on size of cookies.
*Alternate Flour Option (if not using THM Baking Blend):
– 3/4 cup almond flour
– 1/2 cup THM Oat Fiber
Trim Cookies Cream Cheese Frosting (Optional)
– 4 oz cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 stick butter, softened
– Splash of vanilla
– 1 Tbsp THM Super Sweet Blend (or THM Gentle Sweet, to taste)
1. Blend this all together for the frosting.
Here Are Some Other Cookie Topping Ideas:
– Orange zest
– Chopped unsweetened cranberries
– Slivered almonds
– Slim Belly Jelly (or another on-plan jelly/jam) for thumbprint type cookies
– All fruit jam (jam sweetened with its own juice)
– Trim Heatlhy Chocolate Chips (or, another stevia-sweetened chocolate chip or 85% chocolate)
– Color your icing. There are some all-natural options online and at some health food stores