We thought about trying to be a bit fancy and use “crudités” in our title for our vegetable tray appetizer – since crudités is a French term that refers to raw vegetables, but we decided to keep things as simple as possible. Crudités is a platter that typically consists of one or more types of vegetables served with one or more dips. These are great for parties and can be served in place of a salad. The sky is the limit as far as what you can place on them – it doesn’t have to be just the standard carrots, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower! Mix and match to discover what you like best. We’ve included “Rohnda’s Ranch Dip” for you here as well…
Vegetable Tray Ingredients:
– Asparagus (may need blanched) – Green Beans (blanched)
– Bell Pepper Strips – Endive leaves
– Broccoli – Fennel cuts
– Carrots – Jicama (peeled & cut into matchsticks)
– Cauliflower – Mini Sweet Peppers
– Cherry Tomatoes – Mushrooms
– Celery – Olives (black or green)
– Cucumber slices – Radishes
– Dill Pickle spears – Sugar Snap Peas
Rhonda's Ranch Dressing:
This is a delicious homemade ranch dressing that can be whipped up in a jiffy. What a wonderful treat to able to enjoy a homemade, fresh ranch dressing for all of your salads or dipping needs. This is a multiple-serve recipe that makes about 1 & 1/4 cups.
– 3/4 cup mayonnaise (homemade or store-bought)
– 1/2 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
– 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced (or, 1/2 to 3/4 tsp powdered garlic)
– 1 tsp dried parsley
– 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
– 1/2 tsp mineral salt
– Dash of black pepper
For the Rohnda’s Ranch Dressing:
1. Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
For the Vegetable Tray:
1. Choose your favorite fresh veggies from our list of suggestions.
2. The amount to purchase of each veggie that you choose would be based on the number of guests you are serving.
3. Wash fresh veggies, dry thoroughly, and then prep to your liking. Some items will remain whole, others will need to be blanched, and other items may need to be sliced into strips, bite size pieces or sticks.
4. Arrange the fresh veggies onto a serving platter and have your ranch dip nearby for all to enjoy!