During the months of November and December, sweets abound! Parties, get-togethers, carry-ins, potlucks, work, school, and church functions become the norm. Even when eating on-plan goodies, we need to remember a very important part of Trim Healthy Mama … HEALTHY GREENS! This salad is perfect to take along to any function or as a side dish to your Holiday feast! It’s power-packed with nutrient dense goodness. Add additional protein such as chicken and you’ll have a full meal!
– 1 bunch kale (about 10 oz; washed and shredded, or chopped)
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 tsp THM Super Sweet Blend
– 1/4 tsp mineral salt
– 2 Tbsp lemon juice
– 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper
– 3/4 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
– 1/3 cup Candied Pecans (or walnuts) (or, just toasted nuts – if you don’t want it sweet)
1. Place the shredded or chopped kale into a bowl.
2. Pour the olive oil over the kale and massage it into the kale for a few minutes, coating it evenly. This will slightly wilt the kale and make it a more tender salad.
3. Add the sweetener, salt and lemon; mix together.
4. Add peppers and cranberries; toss the salad.
5. Just before serving, add toasted or candied nuts.
Kale is a superstar and we want you to learn all about its benefits. You can do a quick search and find out a massive amount of fantastic information on kale, but we thought we’d do a little studying for you and pass along the good news! Here is a little list of its benefits to your health:
-anti-inflammatory, rich in Omega-3
-lowers harmful cholesterol
-helps your body detox
-helps lower blood pressure
-helps regulate blood sugar
-improves bone health
-lowers risks for asthma